Re: funky brake light

To: RPVanLuchene@lbl.gov, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: funky brake light
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 21:38:22 EDT
In a message dated 5/24/2001 12:25:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
RPVanLuchene@lbl.gov writes:

> I noticed that my right brake/tail lamp is acting weird.
> Both my tail lights work, but when I apply the brakes with the tail
> lights on, the right one turns off instead of getting brighter.
> I took the socket out, cleaned up the contacts & connectors and put in a
> new bulb but it still does the same thing. I switched the wires at the
> socket for the hell of it and when I turned the tail lights on, the

Ryan,

Check the ground connections on the bulb. A bad ground here will cause just
the symptoms you describe. If you have access to my book, look at page 15. I
describe and explain this exact situation in chapter 3, "Bad Grounds and
Connections."

Dan Masters
Alcoa, Tennessee

Triumph TR 250 - TR6 Electrical Maintenance Handbook:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas6/
Stuffing a V8 into a small British sports car:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas/
British V8 Newsletter:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas4/mgv8.htm