Re: Silicone Fluid ruins (white) paint

To: "Nelson Riedel" <nriedel@nextek.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Silicone Fluid ruins (white) paint
From: "Don" <cdon2013@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 09:58:19 -0500
You are wasting your time trying to sand, and rebuff to a finished look,
with the type of damage done.

If you want it right, or at least like it was, REMOVE the contaminated area
COMPLETELY.

Then a little feather edging with 400 / 600 ....... then Re shoot your white
..... then RE sand with 600,  on up.
BUT....It is not necessary to go past 600, to prep for clear coats.

And I am very sorry to here...... that  the clear has not been laid over its
base coat, where it TRULY belongs.
For your sake,,,,,, I am hoping I have miss read your letter, and  there is
not a professional willing, or LAME enough to NOT put the clear where it
belongs.

Was the motor out, and all its little accessories when this was done, or
just some re spotting in this area ... ????

DON .. Fine Finish .. Mpls. MN.