Re: Silicone Fluid ruins (white) paint

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Silicone Fluid ruins (white) paint
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 18:24:27 EDT
In a message dated 6/13/2001 5:43:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
davidra@corbis.com writes:

> Changing from mineral to silicone without a complete rebuild of the system

Dave,

I'll have to admit, I had a leaky MC seal about 8-10 years after I replaced
DOT 4 with DOT 5, but the rest of the system is still going strong. I didn't
rebuild the remainder of the system when I did the swap, nor did I flush the
system with alcohol, but I did rebuild the MC at that time. In my case, the
part I rebuilt failed, but the parts I didn't rebuild have suffered no
problems as of yet (knock on wood). Maybe I didn't do a good rebuild job?

YMMV. My experience is not to be construed as an endorsement.

Dan Masters
Alcoa, Tennessee

Triumph TR 250 - TR6 Electrical Maintenance Handbook:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas6/
Stuffing a V8 into a small British sports car:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas/
British V8 Newsletter:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas4/mgv8.htm