Re: 74 TR6 Fan Extension

To: kkrice1@email.msn.com
Subject: Re: 74 TR6 Fan Extension
From: "Shane Ingate" <madmax_xx@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 08:44:23 -0400
Kyle,

It is not as easy as that.  If you want to mount the fan behind the
radiator, the the crankshaft extension has to be cut down to 1.25",
and the crankshaft pulley bolt shorted to 2.5". Rethread the bolt
(18 threads/inch) to fit the crankshaft end. Reinstall crankshaft
extension. Be sure to replace the dowels between the crankshaft
pulley damper and the extension. Safety wire the bolt or use lock-tite.

My notes on installing a 16" fan are on my tech-pages at
http://www.geocities.com/hottr6/triumph

Shane Ingate