74 TR6 Fan Extension

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: 74 TR6 Fan Extension
From: Rick Patton <rpatton@clinic.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 22:17:20 -0400
Kyle,

My 75 TR6 now has a 14inch electric fan mounted behind the radiator. I have
removed the fan shaft extension and replaced it with a spacer washer.  Just
a simple nut and washer will not hold the damper in place as the end of the
crank passes thru the damper and sticks out about an 1/8 th of an inch. A
friend turned a spacer washer on his lathe. The spacer has the same
dimension as the end of the original fan extension.

The specs for the spacer are: 2 & 13/16" outside diameter, 9/16" thick, a
center hole of 9/16".  The back is relieved 3/8" deep and 1&3/8" diameter to
accept the end of the crank. There are also two 5/16" holes drilled on 2"
center. I don't have the new center bolt handy but I think it is 9/16" by
1&3/4" fine thread.

The spacer now on the engine is aluminum and I have a steel one that will
replace it once the car nears completion. Once the swap is made the aluminum
spacer is free to whoever may want it. The aluminum spacer will work great.
The steel spacer was a gift so it will be used.

Rick Patton
75 Delft Blue
Brunswick, Maine

ps I have been learning how to build a web site and have chosen my TR6
rustoration project as the subject. If you check it out, remember I'm very
much a web page novice and there are bound to be some bugs. Be patient I'm
still working on it. There are quite a number large pictures showing my TR,
the poster child for rusty Triumphs. Before you buy a TR6, this might be
worth look to see where rust thrives. Your feedback is very welcome. Try:
http://users.clinic.net/~rpatton/