Re: Electrical Problem/sugg

To: "Wade Shanley" <wadesh@home.com>,
Subject: Re: Electrical Problem/sugg
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 01:54:38 -0400
> It looks like it is a short. The reading was about 5 volts. I removed
> each fuse one at a time and it didn't have any effect on the reading.

Wade, noticed your car is a 1974 Triumph TR6... which means it should have
the seat belt lock-out feature.  The control box is located in the passenger
side footwell, on the left hand side near the gearbox tunnel.  Look for a
big round plug with about 12 different wires entering it, disconnect it and
see how much current is being drawn then.

I had the _exact_ same problem you describe after taking my car out of
storage this past winter.  Also a 1974 TR6, we eventually traced the short
to something in that seat belt control box... so we just disconnected the
wiring.  But until I did that, each morning I would have a dead battery.

Good luck,

Kai