RE: Electrical Problem/sugg

To: "'Kai M. Radicke'" <kmr@pil.net>,
Subject: RE: Electrical Problem/sugg
From: "Wade Shanley" <wadesh@home.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 15:34:08 -0500
Thanks for the tip. Tried it and it didn't have any effect. I'm starting
to really suspect the battery. It's one that has this special built in
remote cut off security feature. Kind of new technology I guess.  It was
hard to get set up and has been a little flaky. I returned it today and
just got a regular Die Hard battery.  The NTB dealer said they've been
having lots of returns on them.

The reason I suspect the battery is when I did the testing for current,
when the battery was dead it was saying that it was pulling 5 volts.
When I completely disconnected the battery and checked it, it says it
has 5 volts left in it.  Kind of odd. When I charged the battery and
tested it has 12.7 volts.  I then did the current test and it said it
was now pulling 12.7 volts.

I put the new battery in...so I'll wait overnight and see if it's ok.
It's been sitting for 1hour so far and it's still good...the last one
was dead by now.