Removal of carbon emisson cannister?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Removal of carbon emisson cannister?
From: "Peter Beyl" <beyl@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 21:03:29 -0500
On my '75 TR6, air pump was removed. Is the carbon cannister (located on front
right side of  engine compartment) needed? If the cannister is removed, how
can the plumbing be reworked? I assume the hoses from the rear of the carbs
can go directly to the valve cover. Can I plug the other lines? What happens
to the line that returns to the separator cannister located above the fuel
tank?
Ah the joys of plumbing! Like to get this resolved before I tackle the carbs.
Any advice would be appreciated. Please email me direct.
Thanks in advance!

Pete Beyl beyl@erols.com
'75 TR6
'68 XKE Coupe
Middlebush, NJ

PS. Thanks to those who responded for the previous help regarding the spin off
oil filter adapter. Turns out the distributer I bought the adapter from
specified the wrong filter. The smaller filter that was recommended solved the
clearance problems!