RE: The Boys dont have them: UPDATE....

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: The Boys dont have them: UPDATE....
From: "James Tabor" <jatabor@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 20:39:59 -0500
Hello all,

good news....

okay, i was inspired to swing by Trak Auto tonight to buy spark plugs....
they have them.
but: i ran into the SAME problem at pep boys during previous ventures.
the computer actually lists a TR6, but it says to use N12YC spark plugs.
which actually run hotter? not sure. probably isn't TOO bad.

i asked for N9Y, but they always have trouble finding them on the shelf
because champion changed the package design and now the N9YC number is
secondary and hence much smaller.... harder to read and find on the shelf.
the magic number is.... 300.
much easier to spot.

trak auto had a bunch of them....probably not a common spark plug these
days..
will champion discontiue? not sure.

hope this helps!

-james

>From: "Walt Philipson" <wphilipson@bigfoot.com>
>To: "'James Tabor'" <jatabor@hotmail.com>
>Subject: RE: The Boys dont have them
>Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 20:18:33 -0500
>
>The last time I asked for N9Y's at Pep Boys, the guy behind the desk said
>he
>couldn't help me unless I told him what kind of car it was. When I told him
>"'74 Triumph TR6", he really got confused. So I went to NAPA.
>
>Walt
>'74 TR6

"I love deadlines -
I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by"
-- Douglas Adam