TR6 door checkstraps

To: "triumph list" <6pack@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 door checkstraps
From: "Vito Pacione" <vito@argohouston.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 22:53:21 -0600

Could I please impose on someone from the list that still has an original
unmolested TR6 to take some photos of the door checkstraps (both sides) and
email them to me?

I did not take any photos of this part of my car prior to disassembly (I guess
you always forget something) and am a little confused as to assembly. Also, I
have three thypes of rivets to attach the doors to the checkstraps (a solid
aluminum, a black hollow rivet, and what appears to be a steel pin with a hole
for cotter pin). I have no idea what is original, but I seem to remember the
solid aluminum to be correct. I am also looking for how the little metal strap
gets riveted to the doorpost (seems hard to get into for a rivet job) and what
parts were originally painted and which parts were installed after paint. I
know the checkstrap itself was not painted, but I can't remember anything
about the rest.

Thanks in advance for your help