re: When to Rebore

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: re: When to Rebore
From: Jim Hurley <hurls@world.std.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 09:32:56 -0500
On Mon., Apr. 1 at 17:49:34 PST, Dick Taylor wrote:

>. The next size up would be .020 over pistons, and of course a
rebore. Custom pistons run around $1000/set, the last time I checked.
I saw an interesting technical article on the Web about using Mazda pistons
to get a TR6 out to 2700 cc's. This should cost a lot less than $1000.00. I
can send a copy of this article along if anyone wants it. A Google search
for "TR6 Engine Rebuild" should turn this article up.

Ciao,

Jim Hurley                      "Life is too short for a backfire!"
'75 TR6
'83 F350 4 Door