Re: Wind noise w/top

To: "Paula J. Graffam" <pjgraffam@juno.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wind noise w/top
From: "Ken Davis" <ken.davis@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 06:34:50 -0800
Al,
I had this problem also after replacing the seal.  Would hear a pretty
annoying - after a while - wind whistle coming from the top of the wind screen
/ top mounting area.   I found a simple fix.  Went to my local hardware store
and bought 1/4 inch high density adhesive backed foam strip.  I carefully
places it along the leading edge of the top's bracket, trying to match the
contour about 1/2 inch from the edge.  It worked, cut the wind noise out
completely, but did make the top just a little harder to close at the start,
tho' now it's well compressed, shuts okay, and still no wind noise.

Ken
So San Francisco
73 '6