Electric Radiator Fans

To: "Team Net List" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Electric Radiator Fans
From: "Bob" <bthomas@ripnet.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 09:54:35 -0500
Listers,

   I'm planning to install an electric radiator fan in my '75 TR6, set up as a
"puller".    I already have one of Ken Myhre's spacers to replace the  fan
extension and Dan Masters Handbook for the wiring setup.   I was wondering
what advice you have for the following components:
Fans:- which manufacturer (Permacool, Kenlowe, other)
        - where to purchase it, does Kenlowe have a North American
distributor
        - what size
        - how to mount (to the core or to the rad bracket)

Temperature Controls:
         - Adjustable or preset thermostatic switch
         - What temperature to run it at
         - Temperature probe in the rad core, or hose mounted (if so, upper or
lower) like the Cambridge Motorsports or Kenlowe
            components
   The car is running a recently rebuilt engine with some head, cam and
exhaust work and has no history of overheating.   It's mainy used for highway
driving on hot hazy Canadian summer days.   I did find one item in the
archives for this subject, but welcome and appreciate any other
advice/experience offered by the list.

Thankyou,     Bob Thomas