Commission plate(s) for the TR250

To: 6pack list <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Commission plate(s) for the TR250
From: Peter Macholdt <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 11:28:31 +0000
Fellow TR250 owner Larry Morrison and I have been trading emails off-list
and trying to figure out why my commission plate doesn't match his.  I'm
realizing that I know less about the car than I thought.

I have looked in Bill Piggott's 4/4A/5/6 book and he has a picture of a
plate that he says is original.  Larry and a friend have the same plate
(Includes text "THIS VEHICLE COMPLIES WITH ALL U.S. FEDERAL SAFETY STANDARDS
APPLICABLE ON...").

My car has a commission plate that is a dead ringer for the TR5 plate in the
Piggott book, but it includes a CD number instead of the TR5 CP number.

So I assume that my plate is incorrect.  However, just to add more fuel to
the fire, I checked both the TRF and Moss catalogs.  The TRF catalog has a
plate (that is on their TR250) and it is a close match to an original TR4A
commission plate (according to Piggott book).  The only difference that I
can see is the Gross Laden Weight is in LBS for TRF and in KILOS for
Piggott.

So now I go to the Moss catalog to clear things up.  Yeah, right.  Moss
shows a commission plate that doesn't even appear in the Piggott book for
any model.

So, what is correct for my car, does anybody sell the blanks and did the
TR250 have different commission plates depending on when they were made and
where they were shipped?

Peter Macholdt
609-466-2127 Phone