RE: Commission plate(s) for the TR250

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Commission plate(s) for the TR250
From: <britauto@ihpc.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 09:33:24 -0700
Peter,

Early TR250 commission plates did not have the 'THIS VEHICLE COMPLIES WITH
ALL U.S. FEDERAL SAFETY STANDARDs....' .  The late TR250's had commission
plates with it.  I have an early TR250 (CD512) and the commission plate
looks exactly like the reproduction ones that are in the Roadster Factory
TR250 catalog.... in fact that's what I used when I restored my car.  I'm
reasonably certain that this was original as I bought the car from someone I
know that had the car for 23+ years.  A friend (Dennis Baxter) has a late
TR250 that he purchased from the original owner and it has the commission
plate with the lettering about federal regulation noted above.  These are
NOT reproduced by anyone yet.  When we hosted VTR in 2000 Dennis discussed
this with Charles Runyan.  Charles said that if we could get him a good
original he could make a run of them.

I'm

Bruce Harding