RE: Speaking of Comm. numbers

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Speaking of Comm. numbers
From: William Whitmoyer <wwhitmoyer@samsonite.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 14:33:49 -0500
My eyes have been glazing over today, so someone may have mentioned this
number location.  In my 1969 TR, I have a wheel arch plate VIN (moved to
door frame later in the run), windshield VIN, a body number on the engine
firewall and a very hard to see number in the inside lower rear wheel arch
above the axle.  I can't remember if it's the body number or the VIN..but
it looked original when we stripped the underseal.   If you have alot of
paint that area, you may not see it.

I also want to say that I remember a number stamped into the frame that we
saw after we dipped-stripped that part of the car...but it's been so long
(1991) that I can't remember where that was on the frame..I may just be
hallucinating the whole thing too.