TR6 Oil Gallery Plug Unavailable

To: "6 Pack List (E-mail)" <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: TR6 Oil Gallery Plug Unavailable
From: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 14:47:44 -0500
Just got my block back from the machinist. He found one bit of trouble.
Between the the oil filter and the fuel pump, there is a 3/4-16 threaded
hole. Apparently not a pipe thread. The machinist said it looked like the
plug had been beaten in and he had a very hard time removing it.

When I was ordering parts from TRF a while back, this part (PU1404) was not
available. At the time I figured I would get it from another supplier. Now I
look in Moss's catalog, and their part (328-255) is also marked unavailable.

Any suggestions on what to do with this hole? Shouldn't it be a pipe thread
in order to seal properly?

Thanks,
Hugh Fader