RE: No Clickie - No Startie

To: "'Gameparker@cs.com'" <Gameparker@cs.com>
Subject: RE: No Clickie - No Startie
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 15:18:36 -0700
        Geoffrey:

        Sounds like the starter solenoid all right. It is mounted on the
starter motor. Sounds like
it is sticking when the engine gets hot. Let it cool, and voila. Eventually
it will fail
altogether. Might try taking a short length of pipe, a hammer or whatever,
and banging on the side
of the starter when it happens again. This worked on my corvette until I got
around to getting the starter
replaced. This would also confirm the diagnosis so that you could avoid
guessing and wasting money
on parts you don't really need.

        Vance