RE: Question on TR6 bushings

To: "'Walter Fogle'" <lbc4me@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Question on TR6 bushings
From: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 19:30:24 -0400
Wow Walter, that's what I call a quick and accurate response to my
question.  I too am in the middle of a front end rebuild although mine
wasn't necessarily planned in advance... just kinda went from one thing
to another.  I appreciate your description about the fictional
difference in diameter between the threaded part vs. the non-threaded
part of the bolt.

My first instinct was to give it a big whack with the hammer, but I also
have memories of my father doing such things and the resultant mess so I
tend to err on the side of safety.

All that having been said, why is it that they will thread easily
halfway through but will not continue to thread the remainder of the
way?

Curious minds want to know?

R. Ashford Little II
www.geocities.com/ralittle2