Wood Dashboard

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Wood Dashboard
From: "Matt M." <afterburn27@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 17:12:06 -0700 (PDT)
When I purchased my '74 TR6, it came with a brand-new
hardwood dashboard that hadn't even been removed from
the box. I am now getting close to installing the new
dash, and I am wondering if, and how to finish it. I
know that TR6's came stock with veneer dashes and
these had a varnish or laquer over them. The
instructions that came with my new hardwood dash say
to only oil and wax it periodically with no other
protectant. Does this sound right? A friend of mine
with another TR6 is telling me to apply a couple of
coats of laquer to the dash. Also, the dash seems
pretty light in color; how dark were the original
dashes on TR6's, and did they change color through the
years? Thank you ahead of time for your responses.

                                        -Matt
http://taxes.yahoo.com/