Re: gearshift lver - stiff reverse gate

To: <George_Loriot@brown.edu>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: gearshift lver - stiff reverse gate
From: "Nelson Riedel" <nelson@buckeyetriumphs.org>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 16:53:07 -0400
Hi George,

There is a little spring and plunger at the bottom end of the shift lever.
I've found the spring nearly always broken and the plunger pushed into the
lever.  It's probably possible that the plunger came out and is obstructing
the shift lever.

I've never had trouble getting the shift lever over, but have had trouble
pulling it back due to a defective interlock.   The following link has some
photos of the inside of the cover if you're interested.

http://www.buckeyetriumphs.org/technical/Gearbox/GearboxCover/GearboxCover.h
tm

Nelson Riedel
Granville, Ohio