Fwd: rear end now shudders

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: rear end now shudders
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 09:10:18 -0700 (PDT)
As others have mentioned, it sounds like a bad bearing.

1. Don't drive the car again until you get the hubs rebuilt

2. Have the hubs rebuilt by someone who has experience rebuilding TR
hubs.

My dad had a hub go bad on his Stag a few years back.  He had it
rebuilt by the local "import car" garage.  The guy did it wrong and the
wheel fell off the car.  Luckily my dad felt the vibration, slowed
down, and was doing about 5mph on the shoulder when it fell apart.  You
obviously don't want to have this happen at speed...

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6