RE: Seat belts

To: "'Seth Glassman'" <sells2eat@msn.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Seat belts
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@directvinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 20:26:25 -0400
Seth,
Snake Oyl replaced the webbing for the seatbelts on one of my cars and
charged a little over $100 eight years ago. Much improved, but the
tension is not quite as strong as original. Other than that, they work
as well as new and look very good.
Replacement belts can be purchased from Moss. Not Kangol as original,
but the photos in their catalog look like they would be good
replacements.

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO
CF37325U

Hi Listers,

Your help has been invaluable in the past and I hope you can help me
with my
seat belt question, which is

Where can I buy new seat belts that closely approximate my original
3-point
retractable set that I have to replace?  I'm looking to retain the
original
mounting points as well as utilize the original seat belt receiver.  Am
asking too much?

I have a lead on an outfit in Texas, Snake Oyl, which can restore my
original
belts in "showroom ondition", but for a pretty steep price.  I was
quoted over
the phone $150 per seat belt, before they actually received mine and
took a
look at them.  I think that's a bit steep for seat belts.

Any help here will be appreciated

Seth Glassman
'76 TR6