RE: Sound deadening

To: "Paula J. Graffam" <pjgraffam@juno.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Sound deadening
From: "Fowler, David" <David.Fowler@compaq.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 09:44:38 -0500
I bought some similar (non-branded) material from a local general trim parts
supplier a few years ago and placed it under floormats and up against the
bulkhead where it reduced both some heat and some noise.  It had typical
underlay material (about 1/2") on one side bonded to sheett of "aluminum" foil.

I believe there's also a sound deadening paint / undercoat that some
professional paint / body shops use though I understand it's fairly pricey;
still you might not need too much.

David