Wind in my hair, finally!

To: 6pack list <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wind in my hair, finally!
From: Peter Macholdt <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 13:47:30 -0400
Wow, I just got back from test driving the 250.  It is like a new car.  The
power range is awesome and it seems much more comfortable (and powerful) at
higher revs than it did before.  I don't know if it is the GP2 cam, the
shaved head, the header or the matching of the ports, but whatever it was,
it worked.

A couple of questions answered:

- the Rimmer Brothers SS header and single pipe exhaust is a bit of a pain
to fit, but it is really nice.  A nice rumble at idle and pretty quite at
speed (don't need earplugs anymore)

- I left the vacuum retard connected.  That way I could set the timing to 10
BTDC (no retard) and still get a nice idle with the retard connected (about
4 ATDC with retard).  The car idles well at 800 RPM, which is a surprise,
since I thought a hotter cam would make the idle rougher and necessitate a
faster idle speed.

- Still need to put a timing light on the engine while I get it up to 3500
RPM.  I don't know what kind of total advance I'm getting between the
centrifugal and vacuum advance.  I'm guessing that I must be close to the
recommended 30, based on the blast when I accelerate.

Anyway, thanks to all for the help.  Someone asked me last night who I get
advice from when I'm stuck.  I told them that it is you guys.

Peter
'68 TR20 (zoom...zoom)