Re: Rear Camber Adjustment

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>, <skip@pobox.com>
Subject: Re: Rear Camber Adjustment
From: "Nelson Riedel" <nelson@buckeyetriumphs.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 07:00:06 -0400

|     Nelson> I've been playing with the rear camber on my TR6.  As to the
|     Nelson> packing pieces, I estimate an 1/2" packing piece will raise
the
|     Nelson> height about 3/4 inches and increase the camber about 3/4
|     Nelson> degrees.  The spec for camber is -1/4 degree to +1 degree with
|     Nelson> no load.
|
| By "packing piece" I assume you mean the shims that go between the inner
| fulcrum and the frame?  I'll be taking my 250 in for a front end alignment
| and might as well have the mechanic take care of the rear.  Assuming he
| won't have such shims in stock, how many might it be reasonable to provide
| so he can do the job?
|
| Thx,

Skip,

The packing piece I was referring to is also called a spacer that goes
between the spring and training arm to compensate for shorter than standard
springs.  These packing pieces or spacers adjust the height and camber.  As
as I understand the history, there was no provision for camber adjustment
and then in about 1970 the factory provided these packing pieces after many
of the cars developed the classic TR250/TR6 squat.

The shims between the training arm brackets and frame are used to adjust the
rear wheel toe-in and have no effect on the camber as Dick Taylor pouinted
out.   I've junked a couple TR6s so have a box of spare shims.  I usually
take a half dozen of front and back shims to the alighnment shop but they
usually use only a couple.

Nelson