fuel pump

To: "Triumph 6 Pack \(E-mail\)" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: fuel pump
From: "Walt Philipson" <wphilipson@bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 15:12:07 -0400
Dear listers

I wrote last week about my car quiting on me. It appears that the problem is
the fuel pump. The pivot shaft had just about fallen out. My question is
that the pump does not look like the pump in the Bentley or Haynes manuals.
Mine doesn't have the filter dome on top or the priming lever. I can't find
a brand on it but it does say "made in Italy". Would this be a standard
replacement pump? The shaft has no snap rings to hold it in place, just some
knurling on one end and a press fit. I'm going to try to peen the edges of
the pump housing to help hold the pivot shaft in. Anyone have any expereince
with this model of pump?

Walt Philipson
'74 TR6