More Power 2

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: More Power 2
From: "Pim Alferink" <p.alferink3@chello.nl>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 16:51:43 +0200
Thanks for the responses on my question what mod gives most bang for the
buck.
I discussed them also with fellow TR enthousiast that I met this weekend in
the "Rally van de Grensstreek", a two day driving event for oldtimers wherein
the Belgium / Dutch border is crossed a couple of times (we drove about 250
miles).
Dick, I think this answers your question whether I'm only interested in
hill-climbing or not. Clearly I need power at all speeds. By the way, in the
hill-climb I only used 1st and 2nd gear.

The #1 and #2 recommendation was to get compression up and more air in. Both
require going into the engine.
Because I want to keep one original head, I guess, I'll start shopping for an
old head that can be shaved. Any offerings?
At the same time I'll be looking out for some K&N filters and a faster cam.
The cam spec is still up for debate. A GP2 or PI cam was most recommended.

Also high on the list was to get better headers. However, this will take away
the "original" look that I want to maintain. Therefore it is lower on my list
(at present).

Further, less drastic (and less costly) recommendations were: "Away with the
mech-fan" and "Get an electronic ignition unit". Again lower on my list
because of the changed "look".

Lastly, reduction of fly-wheel weight was mentioned, but this is not high on
my list. I believe it will improve pick-up, but overall power should not be
changed to much in my view (and I also hate the idea of a weakened saw-blade
next to my feet).

Any mods I'll make will be reported (but it may take some time).

Pim
Pimento '73