Re: Rimmer Bros.

To: rsh17@msn.com, Lizirbydavis@cs.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rimmer Bros.
From: GSFuqua1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 15:08:36 EST
I would echo the comments on the British Pound Sterling Vs the US dollar.
You won't have to pay the VAT (Value Added Tax) which is sometimes included
in British pricing so check on that.  I have had a 6 with a rebuilt tranny
from Rimmers and it was fine.  They are a decent company that has been around
for a while and are trying to expand their market in the US.  I lived in
London for several years and they have as good a reputation as any.  Just my
opinion of course.  I have also had several items shipped between the US and
UK (Motor, Tranny, & Differential) and yes it is a little more expensive and
a little more hassle but for what I was wanting is was definitely worth the
difference to me.  There are several items the UK suppliers offer that the
big 3 in the US don't (usually specialty items) and I have found the quality
to again usually be as good and in most cases better.  There are many there
that have continued to improve and refine items for our cars.  To name a few,
Revington, Racetorations, Cambridge Motorsport, S & S (mostly TR 7) and
Rimmer.  I'm sure there are others.

Gary
Classic Sports Cars
Branson, MO