Fuel pooling in rear carb throat

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel pooling in rear carb throat
From: William Maslin <cwrm4@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 10:57:52 -0800 (PST)
Listers,

After my car sits for about an hour after driving, a
small amount of fuel pools in the throat of the rear
carb. If I wipe away the fuel, and hour later it is
back. The front carb is OK.

I noticed this phenomena after replacing the float
valve when I rebuilt the carbs. Not sure if it was
happening before -- the carbs leaked gas out of every
possible place!

Thinking the float valve was sticking, I replaced both
with Grose Jets. When I installed the Grose Jets, I
used only the metal washer that was originally with
the float valves. I triple checked the float height at
17mm. The tab hits the Grose Jet ball square, and
nothing is restricting the floats up or down.

The problem, however, remains. Anyone know anything
else I could check. Should I increase the float height
on the rear carb? Could the choke assembly be leaking
fuel into the carb throat?

Thanks,

William
'74 TR6