Re: coils and balasts (Spark Plug Gap w/Sport Coil)

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: coils and balasts (Spark Plug Gap w/Sport Coil)
From: William Maslin <cwrm4@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 14:39:36 -0800 (PST)
In Dan Master's book, he says you have to increase the
spark plug gap to take advantage of a hotter coil.

He recommends a starting point of .035 I believe, but
suggests referring to manufacturer documentation. I
have a new Lucas sport coil I've been considering
putting on, but have no documentation for it.

Has anyone experimented with different plugs & plug
gaps with the Lucas Sport Coil (on an otherwise stock
engine)?

William
'74 TR6