Re: coils and balasts (Spark Plug Gap w/Sport Coil)

To: "William Maslin" <cwrm4@yahoo.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: coils and balasts (Spark Plug Gap w/Sport Coil)
From: "mitch" <mitchv@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 18:18:51 -0800
i read a lot about this last year. the ngk site has all the answers about
voltage, power, compression, gaps etc.
at 9.8 compression i use a 2 step colder plug (stock gap) although 1 step is
enough according to their site. my car never pinged even when i bogged it
out on purpose. on any premium.
i put the same plugs  in my new car , same compression and a 3rd carb. and
uhh the shiny 11 pound flywheel. can't wait to start it up.
i also put plugs in with a torque wrench now, might seem silly but they say
it does make a difference with heat dissipation.