RE: What is this?

To: TR6 list <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: What is this?
From: twgeiger@hiwaay.net
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 12:28:56 -0600 (CST)
In cars that had the dealer installed a/c kit a hole is usually drilled through
the floor in this general area to allow for the condensate drain line to exit.
I wonder if the hole you are seeing is where the installer installed an a/c kit
and chose to drill the hole in the inner seal instead of the floor.  This would
have been a bad thing as the condensate water from the a/c would have been
deposited inside the inner seal and rocker panel.

One way to tell would to be to look for some unused holes in the bottom of the
dash where sheetmetal screws would have been.  These screws would have been
needed to attach the a/c unit to the bottom of the dash.

Just a guess....

Terry Geiger
'74 TR6
'79 MGB