Re: Winterization

To: "Simms, Bruce CIC" <BSimms@cicorp.sk.ca>,
Subject: Re: Winterization
From: "mitch" <mitchv@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 09:43:09 -0800
saw this stuff at kragen auto parts in reno the other day.

Fogging oil is used to prevent damaging corrosion from forming inside the
engine during winter storage. The oil comes in an aerosol with a micro straw
that can direct the spray into the carburetor throat and spark plug holes.
The best method is to disconnect the fuel line and allow the engine to
consume the rest of the fuel in the carburetor. When the engine begins to
stall, spray the fogging oil into the carburetor until it stalls out; this
will assure that the oil penetrates the entire fuel system and passes into
the cylinders. For extra protection, remove the spark plugs and spray
fogging oil in the holes to assure the cylinders and rings are also well
lubricated. Rotate the flywheel a few turns to spread the oil inside and
then put the plugs back in.
 http://www.highlifter.com/store/foggingoil.html