Re: Ignition key won't turn --- update

To: Cregg Cowan <cowan@erg.sri.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ignition key won't turn --- update
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 11:36:35 -0500
At 8:12 AM -0800 11/15/02, Cregg Cowan wrote:
>TRF's winter parts catalog shows a lock that is "not original" and "should
>work."
>Anyone have experience with it?

No experience with the TRF part, but I'd suggest looking for another lock
assembly from a wreck or an autojumble. Even if no key is available, I'd
imagine it could be re-configured to use your present key. Lock-smiths are
pretty good at this sort of thing. Come to think of it, why not take your
present unit to a lock-smith and see if he can repair it?

Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (25 year owner)