RE: Headers & Monza Exhaust

To: 76tr6@optonline.net
Subject: RE: Headers & Monza Exhaust
From: william.mcintire@wright.edu
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 07:37:41 -0500
Hi gang
Just curious -
In looking at the ads for the Monza style exhaust. The style for the twin pipe
exhaust have a small "cherry bomb" muffler in line ahead of the rear muffler.
Would it not be possible to surgically (blue flame wrench)remove these and
install a more effective sound deadner in their place?? TR2's - 4's had two
mufflers in the line and there ain't that much difference. Been lookin and
thinkin as my '70 single pipe has a ~28 year old stock exhaust and I guess it
probably won't last forever.
Just my ramblings
Bill

>===== Original Message From Seth Glassman <76tr6@optonline.net> =====
>Hi List,
>
>I'm currently running my 6 with a Monza exhaust (live and learn).  Anyway, I
like the looks of the quad pipes, but the loudnessgets to me sometimes.  I
want to add a header this winter and was wondering if I can expect louder
exhaust than what I've got now.  Geez, I hope not.  Thanks in advance for any
andall replies