Re: GM Alternator Conversion Pics?

To: Neil.Beesley@securesult.co.uk
Subject: Re: GM Alternator Conversion Pics?
From: jay_welch@juno.com
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 04:55:15 -0500
Hi Neil,
FYI
Alternate Alternators for Transplant Into a TR6 - The original alternator
was an internally regulated Lucas 15ACR.
- Ask for the optional high amp Bosch alternator for a 78 to 80 Ford
Fiesta with A/C & rear window defrost. The standard alternator is a
Motorcraft so be sure to ask for the Bosch. This particular alternator
was also used in the 1976 VW Rabbit. Reference numbers supplied to this
list for the Bosch are as follows: 120 489 244 & D8RZ-10346-AX. NAPA
part# is: AL86X BSH. Prices vary greatly so it pays to check around. The
adjusting bolt thread is metric so be careful not to damage the thread
with an SAE bolt.
- The GM #7127 (NAPA #213-4011) has been offered as another example that
will work. Many outputs are available as well as connection locations.
Slight grinding modification to rear side of pivot is required.
Good luck,
Jay Welch  Abington, MA
1971 TR6 Project, 1973 TR6 Driver, 1989 Mustang GT, 1/2 1971 TR6
Secretary, Cape Cod British Car Club @
http://clubs.hemmings.com/capecodbritish/

On Sun, 17 Nov 2002 20:16:23 -0000 "Neil Beesley"
<Neil.Beesley@securesult.co.uk> writes:
> Ah, glad this subject came up - I'm thinking about making this
> switch, but
> (I think) I remember there was some discussion a while back
> regarding
> whether the 1980 Fiesta in question was a US or UK/European Fiesta -
> could
> someone please remind me what the final verdict was ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Neil Beesley
> '70 TR6 PI

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type application/msword which had a
name of TR6_Ref1.doc]