RE: Transmission Synchro problem

To: "michael lunsford" <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: Transmission Synchro problem
From: "Stephen Hanselman" <tr6@kc4sw.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 13:37:42 -0800
I've had similar problems in my Ford truck.  The fix was to get the
clutch(also a hydraulic, non adjustable) right.  Turned out that the
clutch actuator assembly was bad from the factory (200,000 miles ago) and
the problem was caused by not completely dis-engaging the transmission
from the engine during shifting.

The shop that did the work said all they did to fix the problem was a bit
of polishing/cleaning up casting problems.  With all of the problems this
caused it really showed me how sensitive the clutch system was to
problems.

Of course the other answer might be moving the shift lever faster that the
foot gets the clutch in(I'm never guilty of that mind you).

Steve
tr6@kc4sw.com