Trailing arm bolts- update

To: 6pack list <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Trailing arm bolts- update
From: Peter Macholdt <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 14:57:03 -0500
Spent my lunch looking through "How to Restore Triumph TR5/250& TR6" by
Williams. Low and behold, on page 140 he has a close up picture of a
trailing arm attached to a dummy frame. The caption suggests installing the
bolts with the heads "looking at" each other.

A couple of responders recalled that they had some clearance problems when
they tried this so we'll see.

Regarding the Loctite on the shaft to arm studs, I got 3 responses as
follows: use the blue Loctite/ use anti-seize/ use nothing. Not sure what
I'll do.

Peter
'68 TR250