RE: Trailing arm bolts- update

To: "'Peter Macholdt'" <vze2846b@verizon.net>,
Subject: RE: Trailing arm bolts- update
From: "Mike Munson" <fasttrs@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 15:47:06 -0500
OK here's my 2 cents. If you use locktite the next time you try to back
the nut off it will loosen the stud. When you loosen the stud the
threads start to deteriorate then you are prone to having the stud pull
out at the most inopportune time. Don't ask how I know! I always install
thread inserts in aluminum especially in the trailing arms. I would go
with the locknuts.

Mike Munson
Snellville, Ga.