battery voltage

To: "6 - Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: battery voltage
From: "Walt Philipson" <wphilipson@nc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:27:58 -0500
My voltmeter never gets above 13.5 volts (approx). My alternator was
recently rebuilt. I tested the circuit per Dan's instructions. I get 13.5 at
the battery, with everything off. I even put a charger on it and fully
charged I only got 13.5. Shouldn't I get 14 to 14.6? The voltage at the
small brown wire is also about 13.5, but my meter is pretty coarse, so I'm
not sure I can detect .2 volt difference. Also, I think my sensor light is
burned out. For whatever reason, it doesn't work when I short the
brown/yellow wire to ground. Wouldn't this open the sense circuit?

Am I missing something here?

Walt
74  TR6