RE: battery voltage

To: "6 - Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: battery voltage
From: "Brooks Bullock" <airsmyth@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 13:16:08 -0500
Your Alternator sounds healthy to me.
As far as your Indicator light goes, yes this opens the indicator sense
circuit, but not the regulator sense, if placing the brown/yellow wire to
ground doesn't illuminate the bulb then it is open via burnt bulb or circuit
problem.The bulb relies upon close to or equal voltage on either side of the
bulb to extinguish, whereby if the alternator has an inadequate charge,
current will flow from the battery to alternator ground and illuminate the
light to an intensity that corresponds to the differrential on the each side
of the bulb.

Brooks
76 Spit
74 & 76 Six