RE: battery voltage

To: <jay_welch@juno.com>, <wphilipson@nc.rr.com>
Subject: RE: battery voltage
From: "Stephen Hanselman" <tr6@kc4sw.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 16:51:47 -0800
Walt,

The voltage of a given lead-acid cell is 2.2 volts(ahhh rememberances of
in-organic chemistry).  6 cells is 13.2 at "full charge".  The quotes are
there because the "full" changes with temprature.  I'll have to look for
the numbers but most often it's quoted as a "xx.xxx specific gravity at 70
deg F.  If you see 14 volts or higher you've got a problem.

Steve