TR6 PI

To: "Triumph List (E-mail 2)" <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: TR6 PI
From: "McMaster, John" <JOHN.MCMASTER@act.gov.au>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 11:20:59 +1000
David,

I note form your post that your '70 Australian TR 6 PI runs a little rich at
idle.  This may be due to the fact that you are using a PI system taken from
a 2500 PI saloon?  If, as in my case, you have a carb car converted to PI,
the most likely source is to take a system from the 2500 sedan.  The sedans
were set to be richer at idle than the TR's due to their extra weight.  As a
consequence, I had my metering unit recalibrated to TR5 specs and increased
the fuel at zero vacuum by a few cc's - that way I get additional "boost" on
full throttle - works very well.  My TR 6 will spin to 7,000rpm without
problem, although it's definitely not standard!!!!

All the best,

John Mc
'71 TR6 PI
'76 Dolomite 1850