Re: Differential

To: dstauffa@csc.com
Subject: Re: Differential
From: Btp44@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 17:40:38 EST
Dave&Mr. Lang-I am humbled. Yes, you can't assume that the ring&pinion hasn't
been replaced, unless you are the original owner. Also, the factory probably
used all available parts despite the changeover date/comm, #. Having said
that, a good many cars that have been driven sedately will go to their graves
with the diffs. unopened. I
don't know if the currently available solid spacer pinions are drilled.
Anybody installed
one recently? My experience comes from rebuilding 2 diffs. It was a good
learning experiece.
Berry Price