30 degree valve seats and 3 angle valve grid

To: "'Don Malling'" <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Subject: 30 degree valve seats and 3 angle valve grid
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 10:44:56 -0800
        Don:

        I *am* recommending the 30 degree back cut, the 3 angle valve
job, a pocket port, and the necked down, polished valves.
        They all work. The only caveat is that each change by itself is
very small, but added together they give real power. These are the
small details that add up to real gains. The really nice thing about
these is that they do not affect emissions or mileage, and they are
increasingly used by the OEMs.
        My 1995 small block Chevy, for example had the 30 degree back cut on
the valves from the factory. So GM believes in it too....

        Vance

1974 Mimosa Yellow Triumph TR6
Cogito Ergo Zoom
(I think, therefore I go fast)