Re: slightly OT: 4A frame

To: Phil Parcells <cougardb@frontiernet.net>
Subject: Re: slightly OT: 4A frame
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 09:33:13 -0500
Phil,

When I jack up my TR250 (jacks on the outer corner of the frame just in
front of the rear tire -- as specified by the owners manual), the top of
the door gap opens about an additional 1/16" of an inch measured at the
chrome trim strip.

In the jacked up position, the drivers door open and closes and feels
fine. The passenger door opens and closes but feels just the slightest
bit "sticky or bindy".

I am the original owner, and I think I can remember the passenger door
feeling differently when jacked up even when new.

I have been told this is normal and there is some flex in these frames.
I have also been told the door gap can open as much as 3/8" and still be
"normal".

Don