Re: Pilot bush update & trans conversion

To: "John Reynolds" <JohnTempe8@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Pilot bush update & trans conversion
From: "Gary Fluke" <res0s0t7@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 20:41:03 -0800
John,

Something is not adding up with your numbers or your new transmission is
making for high engine speeds while cruising.  A stock TR6, at 60 mph, turns
about 3000 in fourth gear, whether it be a car with or without OD as the OD
versions have the same rear axle ratio as the non-OD cars.  I don't have OD
on my TR6, but it should drop the engine speed at 60 mph to about 2500 rpm.
At 3500 rpm in fourth gear I'm doing 70 mph.  Have you timed your car at an
indicated 60 mph using the mile markers on the highway?

Gary
'73