Oil pump porting

To: 6-Pack email list <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Oil pump porting
From: Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 12:49:25 -0500
Hi all, Happy holidays!!

I received a new oil pump a while ago made by Autopump. After comparing
it to my old pump I noticed that the oil intake ports in the housing are
considerably smaller than the original. I can see where the machining
has not removed as much material & I have started to open up the area. I
don't mean casting material that needs to be cleaned but a smaller
machined opening. I also noticed that the the drive gear does not
completely fill the gear sleeve when in it's tightest position. This may
have no effect on oil distribution but I would like the opinion of the
more knowledgeable on this subject.
My original pump ( I think it's the original ) does not have the shaft
pinned to the gear but the new one does. I would think that's a plus.
Thanks,

--
Mitch Seff
Oceanside, N.Y.