Use of Engine Stand

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Use of Engine Stand
From: ShewFamily@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 13:12:55 EST
Merry Christmas List,
I have seen this tread before, but have forgotten the answer, so please
indulge me as I can't wait to get my engine on the engine stand I received
for Christmas.

The question is:
Can you mount the engine using the rear mounting plate?  Is is strong enough
to hold the weight of the engine or does it need to come off so the stand can
be attached directly to the block?  I am not removing the crank, only
checking and most likely replacing thrust washers, so the flywheel will not
need to come off.  Thanks for your help.
John Shewmake
'74 TR6